X3 – Bodymaker Punch Polishing Machine
The X3 Punch Polish Machine applies a precisely controlled surface finish to standard carbide Bodymaker punches. When making Steel 2 Piece Cans the Punch must be Polished to a mirror finish, 1-4 Micron is essential. If your machinist is currently Polishing your Punches, there is likely some variation from Punch to Punch. X3 was designed to take the human error out of Polishing the Punches, giving a very consistent finish so that in turn, your Bodymaker can be tuned to operator with improved efficiency.
Benefit of cross hatching include:
- Improved punch life
- Optimized Bodymaker punch stripping
- Better tear-off performance
- Better Bodymaker Up Time
- Simple HMI for easy operator use
- Custom HMI Language upon request
- Custom programming for every punch
X3 Polishing Machine Features:
- The X3 Cross Hatch machine comes equipped with mounting hardware for a single diameter punch while the adjustable cam profile allows for same-diameter punches with variable lengths to be run.
- Mounting hardware for additional diameter punches is easily changed out.
- Air pressure is used to ensure a constant micro texture finish. This eliminates the possibility of inconsistent punch finishes used in manual methods.
- The IPS optimized diamond media (which comes in various grades) is ideally suited assuring a uniform punch polish.
- The X3 is fully programmable and comes standard with a touch screen interface, making changing programs quick and easy.
Get the X3 brochure by clicking on the link below or contact IPS for a custom quote at: firstname.lastname@example.org